Sunday, February 17, 2013

The explosion box....I went out of my usual comfort zone and decided to tackle one. It is the "cut it free for a week" design in the CCR (Cricut Craft Room). I decided to try the first one out of some paper scraps I had in my stash so I didn't ruin any "good" stuff in the event that I threw up my hands defeated! I'm pretty pleased with the results and will be trying out a new design today!
When you untie the ribbon and remove the lid it expands (explodes) and shows the contents.
There are 3 layers inside with 4 sides- so 12 spots for pictures- words- embellishments- the design is up to you!! I used oned of my precious Prima flowers for the bottom. It was a perfect fit and embellishment for the granddaughters' pictures!
The flower on the outside was cut with the Flower Shoppe cartridge and the box with the Mini Books. I'm thinking that this is a new must have cartridge for me! The box is about 2 inches and I'm thinking how cool it would be to fit a jewelry box inside for a special Mother's Day, proposal or even Christmas gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment