Monday, March 11, 2013


One of my favorite things to make are cards. I put a lot of time into planning the perfect card and thinking about the reaction from my friends when they receive something that I have enjoyed making! This is really an easy card to make!!  I just love the retro look of it. I am a retro junkie! Let me walk you through the steps of making this one for your own!
This is a standard 5x6 1/2 card that I bought pre made from Hobby Lobby. You may choose to cut your own- that's up to you, just remember to cut in this size. I used a Martha Stewart lace edge punch to punch the border on the bottom of the card. These cards lie flat when you get them and to me it makes it easier to decorate, and then fold right before I put the finishing touches on the front.
I keep lots of mat pads and after the design was punched I discovered that the 4 1/2x 6 1/2 inch pre cut was a perfect fit for the background. No trimming was needed!

Attach your desired background image. I used a medium yellow with minimal print from the Paper Studio Khloe Lane matstack.
Next, I selected the Surburbia image Joan from the basic shapes. To size your images, I use the Cricut Craft Room and made the cuts at 3.306 width and 4.208 height. I cut the bottom (shadow) from Bazzil Bling in a grass green color and then the top in basic black.


I used foam mounting rounds in 1/2 inch to add some depth to the finished cut.
For the Happy Hour label I cut out the phrase from Surburbia also under the Housewife Italic font. This was sized at 2.569 width and 2.069 height.  I reversed the cut this time with the black as the shadow and the letters in the green, offsetting the letters just a bit. I then used the Lacy Labels cartridge to make the mat for my letters. I picked a scalloped label called Scallop 1 and sized it to 4.069 width and 3.222 height. It was cut from a blue green piece of patterned paper from the Paper Studio matstack Linen Door.
I tilted the letters on the label and then adhered it onto the card base at the far left edge-middle. I then added the lady cutout.


The inside of the card is made from a large recipe stamp that I have and stamped onto blue green paper. You could use a recipe card if you don't have a stamp and it would look just as good.


I wrote out the party details using "recipe" form and mounted it onto black cardstock, which I then adhered to the inside of the card. Also at this time I went ahead and folded the card.



And now you get to add the finishing touches! I used small rhinestones and Stickles to make the earrings and neckline stand out for my fancy lady! I thought since she was holding a martini glass, she had to be fancy! And then the very finishing touch that I put on all my cards is to stamp the back with my unique and handmade stamp! A simple, easy card that took about 30 minutes to make!







No comments:

Post a Comment