Saturday, April 27, 2013


I made this quick and easy Mother's Day card using my Cricut Imagine and the Expression2. The Imagine is great for making cards! It's just got so many images that you can print and cut, then glue- I mean how easy is that?? The die cut is from the Imagine cart, Lori's Garden, which is a fabulous cartridge for feminine designs. It has beautiful flower, birds and butterflies is soft pastel colors, which make it the perfect cartridge for Mother's Day!


 I started by cutting a soft green cardstock slightly smaller than my card and then running it through the Cuttlebug to give it an embossed look. I cut a banner with my E2 and placed it on the embossed background.



I cut an image from the Imagine and placed it on the banner.




 I then went into Word on my computer and sized this caption to fit and printed it out on a sample template. Then I went back and cut a banner from the Bloom cartridge to fit. An easy tip for printing on my cardstock was that after I made the cut I adhered it lightly onto my printed template and then ran it back through the printer to get it printed onto the banner.



I typed Mother's Day quotes into a search engine on the Internet and found one I liked then copied and pasted it into a document and sized and adjusted the font until I was pleased with it, then printed it onto vellum.
 I used another die cut like the one on the front of the card, but slightly smaller and a blue strip cut tp fit the vellum and placed them under the vellum for a faint pop of color on the inside.



The last step to this card was taking some Stardust Stickles and lightly going over the image to give it some sparkle and pop. I also attached 2 rhinestones to the sides of the banner. That's it! A card in less time than it could take you to drive to the store and pick it out! Hope you enjoy this!! If you like this, be sure and check out the CricutDIVA design team blog at  
 http://cricutdivablog.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card--fabulous idea with vellum over the cut image! Thanks for visiting my Pimped Out Showcase - I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete