Monday, November 4, 2013

Another Layout in the book- thanks to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!!

Another layout completed with the help of the sketch this week from the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! I loved this one- it was just screaming to me to use a 5x7 picture that I had of my granddaughter! The sketch for the week was this-

I love this sketch. It has a great design for those of you, like me, that are more scrapbookers at heart than card makers. I love a card sketch that can go either way and this one does that! I can also see this as a base for the Christmas cards that I need to get started on!!

This is what I did with this-


I cut a chevron background with my Cameo and attached it to a cream colored stock, then cut a flower swag and pieced it together. A cute title cut, matted picture and a couple of buttons and this layout was finished and ready to go. The other thing that I did for some added oomph was to use Glossy Accents on the cuts. I have fallen in love with Glossy Accents and use it a lot to make a die cut have a wonderful enameled shine to it. I applied it to the title and then also to the flower swag and the shine and dimension that it gives to a simple cut makes it look like I went out and bought it. I wish that they sold it by the gallon, but a 2 oz bottle goes a long ways! I've used it now on several layout pieces and still have 2/3 of a bottle left. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the other design team members work at http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.ca/. And if this sketch inspires you- get to crafting and link up your creation! We would love to see it!!



2 comments:

  1. Too C-U-T-E!!!! She is adorable! The layout rocks too but I'm afraid she's stealing the show on this one as she is just too cute to take your eyes off. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Darla, on stealing the show. But I was able to check out the layout, and it is great....but I kept getting distracted by that big beautiful smile.

    ReplyDelete